Earn College Credit from Brandman University
with Saylor Academy Courses
Students who pass proctored exams for a number of Saylor Academy courses in business administration and computer science can earn credit from Brandman University, which can be used toward a degree program at Brandman. The credits will count as “electives” and there is a 21 credit limit (seven courses from below).
Courses Currently Accepted by Brandman University
- BUS300: Operations Management
- BUS301: Human Resource Management (on request)
- BUS303: Strategic Information Technology
- BUS305: Small Business Management (on request)
- BUS401: Management Leadership (on request)
- BUS402: Project Management
- BUS501: Strategic Management (on request)
- CS201: Elementary Data Structures (on request)
- CS202: Discrete Structures (on request)
- CS301: Computer Architecture (on request)
- CS302: Software Engineering
- CS401: Operating Systems (on request)
- CS403: Introduction to Modern Database Systems
No longer available
- CS303: Algorithms (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS304: Compilers (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS305: Web Development (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS404: Programming Languages (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS405: Artificial Intelligence (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS406: Information Security (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS408: Advanced Artificial Intelligence (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS409: Cryptography (Closed August 17th, 2018)
- CS410: Advanced Databases (Closed August 17th, 2018)
How It Works for Students
- Choose a Brandman-approved Saylor Academy course (course list above).
- Work through the course material as outlined on the course page.
- Complete the Proctored Final Exam using the online proctoring service ProctorU.
- Request your transcript from Saylor; we will forward it to Brandman.
- Note: granting of credit is at the discretion of Brandman University. Please check with them for policies and fees! The Saylor Academy is not an accredited institution.
The approved online proctoring service for Saylor Academy final exams is ProctorU. You can find detailed information about their online proctoring services here. There is a $25 fee, payable directly to ProctorU.
Upon passing the proctored exam(s), you may request to have the course(s) added to an official transcript. Saylor Academy will verify the request against the proctored exam results and then deliver it to Brandman. You may request your transcript using the?transcript request form (paying attention to the notes, where applicable).
Just as with other Saylor Academy exams, students may attempt an exam more than once, however there will be a 14 day waiting period between attempts. (For ProctorU proctored exams, you will have to pay the $25 fee for each attempt).
About Brandman University
Brandman University is a private, nonprofit university with 25 campuses across California and Washington as well as a thriving campus online. Brandman is a fully-accredited institution housed within southern California’s prestigious Chapman University system and is dedicated to providing excellent and flexible education to working adults and nontraditional students. Serving over 10,000 students per session, Brandman’s online learning programs have a proven record of student success and have been named among the Best Online Education programs by U.S. News & World Report.